Wednesday, April 2, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO US!!

That's right, today is our 3 year anniversary! And what an exciting 3 years it has been...

I thought a fun way to acknowledge the last 3 years would be to throw up a bunch of pictures of us with people that we love. As I went through our pictures I realized that we don't use our camera much (or at least we have gone through spurts of not), so I don't have pictures of us with everyone (mostly my fam). So if you are not on this blog, the reason is 100% because we don't have a picture with you. That means you should send me one. curtisl@discovery-livermore.com


Nayrb (Bryan spelled backwards) and Candice (that's ice, not ace - thanks B for that little trick to remember) at the Lathrop corn maze where Jane broke one of my favorite pairs of sandals and I had to walk back out in the dark with only a flip - no flop.

This is us in a famous spot in Enumclaw just this last year. Many of you may recognize this on-site location as being the place where I first proposed to Janer (Jane + R, the initial of her middle name Rebecca. Most people like to make shorter names for nicknames, I'm all about raising the bar). Oh by the way, the Starbucks which at one time was the host for this famous site has now moved across the street, and has been replaced by some smoothie place. Boo smoothies.

Jane's family has this weird habit of taking pictures of weird and disturbing faces. I prefer to make mine alone in front of a mirror where they only last but a moment. For your safety I chose to post a

To be honest I can't remember exactly when this picture was taken...but if I were a better husband I would be able to look at the decor of our home (note: the heart wreath behind us, the mirror on the floor to the left, and the absence of a huge bookshelf directly behind us) and I would be able to carbon date them to pinpoint an accurate date. Jane changes our pictures and furniture at least once a month, I try to keep track of the latest changes...I promise I do.

Greg and Andrea up in Gresham. Andrea and Jane go waaaaaay back, while my friendship is much more recent (4 + years to be exact). I must say however, that we became pretty good friends very quickly. How could you not, when you meet someone for the first time just hours after they gave birth to their first baby

Jane and I at Multnomah Falls in Oregon. My wife, the hiker! Not her favorite activity, but she's a good sport about it. Unlike me who hates playing the Brady Bunch game, and thus refuses and begins to pout every time I hear the words "Guess who I'm thinking of."

Benjamin and Kristi (hope I spelled that right...eek). Some super fun friends who used to be Livermore friends, but are now Portland friends as they've moved up to their old stomping grounds. Ben used to be a youth pastor with me in Livermore, now they are up north where he's teaching and Kristi is flight attendanting for Horizon.

We randomly were able to work out going down to Disney Land with Jane's parents last fall. Randomly at the last minute we also called Becca (Jane's sister) to see if she could work it out to come too. It was fun...Sorry that the best picture I have only includes half of John's face. What a great day!

Jane and I on a boat ride to Alcatraz! Jane had never been, so we went for her birthday. We spent the night in San Francisco and had a great day together. On the left you can see the Golden Gate bridge and right between our heads you can see part of the island of Alcatraz.

Welp as I said before, if you send me pictures I will post them. I want to include everyone who is important to us, I just don't have pictures of us with everyone. Here's to 3 incredible years, and 74 more to come!

Grace and Peace...

5 comments:

Curtis and Jane said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that in the 4th picture down, the one with all the home decorating commentary, that Jane and I are standing with my sister Erin, who is a Marine and could kill you. Be afraid...seriously. Okay, don't be afraid because she's rad and although she could kill you, she likely won't because she's really nice! Are you feeling conflicted yet? Erin, you rule! We miss you.

Bec said...

So I just don't understand why you hate playing the Brady Bunch game. I mean seriously...it doesn't get any better than that!

Curtis and Jane said...

Because it's the worst game ever! Seriously, think about it...no yes/no questions, no hints, nothing. Just "guess who I am thinking of" from the bazillion seasons of the show, just off the top of your head. As I have told Jane before, I'd rather eat my arm off. :)

Erin said...

... yes I probably wont kill you.. although I totally could :)

Erin said...

The past 3 years really have flown by! Jane - I love having you as part of the family... and Curtis you're ok too! Love you guys!