Sunday, March 23, 2008

Leaving For Mexico in the Morning

Tomorrow morning I leave for my 5th Mexico Mission trip! This is the 4th trip that I have led, this year with 32 others (a combination of high school students, college leaders, and adults). If you have been reading this blog at all recently, you know that I just got home on Monday from the Middle East. I have never traveled this much, and I still have more to come in May. It makes it tough having a pregnant wife at home that I want to be with... Will you pray for us that when I get home and Jane gets home (she's going up to Oregon to be with her family for the week) that we will finally find some good time to be together? At least until the end of May when I go back out to Kansas City for seminary.

Here are a some ways you can pray for our trip this week:
  • Pray that God would transform the lives of our students
  • Pray that the work we do would bring glory to God
  • Pray that even with a language barrier, we would make a connection with our families
  • Pray that we would finish our homes
  • Pray that our vehicles don't have any issues
  • Pray for our health
  • Pray that the homes we build would play a significant role in building God's Kingdom in Mexico
  • Pray that we would come home and give more than lip service to the change we want God to make in our lives
  • Pray that our eyes would be open to what God would have us see
  • Pray that our hearts would desire to move towards God
  • Pray that he would order our steps and help us make the changes necessary
PS: On April 4th, Jane and I go in to find out the sex of the baby!


Here's a classic Mexico picture many of you may remember!

I am planning on posting a final installment to my series on my Trip to the Middle East when I get home...we'll see how I feel though! ;)

Grace and peace

No comments: