Friday, April 4, 2008

I Love Being A Youth Pastor!!


Tonight was one of those nights where God not-so-subtly confirmed my call to be a pastor. After letting Tony, a guy I have mentored over the last year, know we found out our baby was a girl, he organized this group of students to come and love on us and our unborn baby. One of the really cool things that really got me thinking was how three of the five who showed up tonight (Tony, Max, and Kayla) all went with me to Mexico, but also have had Jane as a teacher at some point in the last four years. Max and Kayla have her now, but years ago, B.C. Tony had her too. And now Tony is in college and is pouring his life into high school students, and bringing them over just to celebrate with us.

They made us signs, bought a Sponge Bob window cover, a hat and socks that say "I love Daddy," some binkies, baby lotion, a stuffed duck for Rebekah, and a really nice card that they all signed. I had a professor at NTS who told us during our Personal and Spiritual Development of the Minister class that being a PK (pastor's kid) can be tough, and so we need to make sure we constantly remind them of the times like this where they were loved on in crazy ways...fun...now it's time to go to bed.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Jane and Curtis - you are both loved by all!! Your kids seem wonderful!