Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I've been tagged, too

Sorry, I'm not computer saavy and I'm not sure how to cut/paste the rules and I'm running late for lunch-so see Ang's page for the rules!!

My 8 random facts:

#1 I am really scared of rodents-rats in particular (it was actually hard to type the word). My phobia has turned into a much more healthy fear as I've gotten older, but I must admit that I still to this day have nightmares about rats. Recently I was sharing a bed with my sister Jenny, and in my sleep in the middle of the night I was doing scissor kicks with my feet in bed. She was like, "what in the world?!" and when I woke up later and she told me I remembered thinking there may be mice in the bed and I was checking to be sure we were rodent free. Wow. My favorite rat dream was in high school and Andrea Arnold (now Moffat!) was chasing me down my street with a rat in her hand chuckling a menacing, witchy ha-ha-ha laugh as I ran from her in fear.

#2 I LOVE Europe. I don't want to live there, but it is seriously like a fairy land to me. I think it's so romantic-cobblestone streets, old architecture, colored buildings, twinkle lights (ok, maybe just in my imagination). But, seriously, I love it. I just need to convince my husband that going there would be way more pleasurable than Israel where he is dying to go and reminds me of this fact on a regular basis.

#3 I own every episode of I Love Lucy. I've loved that show since I was a kid and have aquired all of the dvd box sets in the past couple of years. One of my all-time favorite episodes is when Lucy pretends like there's a burglar at home just to see if Ricky cares enough about her to comes running home from work to rescue her. It's a riot.

#4 I re-read novels like no one's business. Over and over. My favorite authors are Robin Jones Gunn and Lori Wick, but I've recently really expanded my reperatoire.

#5 No matter how hard I try, I suck at reading non-fiction. I think I've completed maybe 2 non-fiction books. I know I could really grow from them, yada yada, but they just don't send me.

#6 I love working with teens. They crack me up and break my heart. Sometimes I want to kill them (or myself), but really, I love them. Which is convenient since I am married to a youth pastor-who, by the way-I think is AMAZING at what he does. Seriously gifted. And really smart, which also works out really well, because he loves non-fiction and fills me in on all I miss out on and I don't have to read it!

#7 I don't like football. This makes me the weirdo in my family. I cheered for it for 4 years, my entire family enjoys it, my husband and his Mom and step-dad are fans, but I just don't like it. I've tried, but no matter how many times people explain it, it just isn't exciting to me. Sorry, guys.

#8 I really like sourcraut. I especially love it on those Costco sausage dogs. I was really bummed when they stopped offering it with them....

I am tagging...let's see Andrea, Karyn, Erin, Megan, and Kristi-if ya'll see this. :)

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Ew..yick! Saurkraut? Are you kidding? I get nauseated at the smell! I'll have to start thinking of 8 things...

Bec said...

Nice work. I think that I knew all of those about you. :) Don't worry, mine is to come soon!! Love ya

ang said...

Yes, this is fun! Maybe a little cheesey, but definitely entertaining. And educational, too! I've got some saurkraut in my fridge right now, so the next time you're in town and your hankering for a snack...

Curtis and Jane said...

Ang, I seriously can't wait. :)

Kristi said...

Okay Jane...it's time for a new blog.

Erin said...

I completley agree with you about the lack of football interest... ok lets be honest i am not a fan of any sport that i am not playing! we can go watch a movie while eveyone else is into the game!