Sunday, August 5, 2007

The day has come

Well, it's been awhile since Curtis or I have blogged. My excuse? My best excuse is that we don't have the internet at home (hopefully this will be resolved soon), and also I want to post pictures (my sister is soon to kill me if I don't showcase her soon) which are on Curtis' computer and I just don't get to spend much time in his office when he doesn't need his computer. So, basically, we're lazy. I cringe to think what will happen when I'm working full time again!

Speaking of work (I'm shushing myself right now at the mention of this), I head back to school in about 3 weeks. Seriously? Could the summer really be almost over? I feel like it just sped by this year.

Last time I blogged I asked for prayer concerning our youth conference in Saint Louis. Thanks for praying. Physically, other than the massive amounts of sweets I've eaten this week with my cousin Kate who's been down for a visit, I'm feeling great. And the conference was phenomenal. I hope the kids got as much out of it as Curtis and I did. :) I know some of them are changed significantly, and for some it was just one more small step in their journey. But, really, when you get in a stadium with 9,600 other people to worship God...well, not a whole lot that I've experienced can compare. It was just amazing. The speakers were fabulous and extremely challenging, and the students at the conference were able to serve the city of Saint Louis in really tangible ways-building 2 habitat for humanity houses, feeding over 10,000 families with donated food they contributed, serving in the school district, etc. It was awesome.
I feel like we left with a fire in our hearts to be a part of a revolution to change the world by being the hands of Jesus.

Curtis gave the message at church on Sunday, and, with absolutely no bias at all :), I have to say that I am married to a very gifted man. It's so fun to see God moving in and through him.

This blog is getting too long, so I'll just say that while Curtis has been on his junior high road trip to Oklahoma this weekend (not kidding-I sat this one out!), I have been lounging by the pool getting brown, reading novels, and resting. It's been wonderful. For you Jane Austen fans out there, seeing "Becoming Jane" is a MUST. I cried my eyes out with one of our high school girls. :)

And, I promise that one of these days we'll post pictures.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Hey Jane! I check your blog every once in a while and thought I should leave a comment (so as not to simply be a blog-stalker!) I am glad to hear that the conference when so well! Sound amazing. Enjoy your last weeks off before returning to teaching. Take care!
Love, Megan

Paul, Karyn, Philip said...

praying for you often! And I am dying to see that movie! glad to "hear" from you...this seems to be our best form of communication! love ya girl!(p.s. good call on sitting out the road trip-Oklahoma! are you kidding me!)

Bec said...

And by soon, did you mean in the next three years?! I know that this is probably one of your plans to get me to come down to Cali so I have to kill you and then you can see me. Seriously...

Anonymous said...

Howdy ya'll!

Just wanted to let you know that we greatly enjoyed NYC 2007 also. We have been transformed and are doing some great things. It was so great to see you and to worship with you again, we definitely miss you. Jason and I have had fires ignited due to the conference and are excited to tell you about it. I'm going to e-mail Curtis and talk more about it because I will need a little help=D

Take care and God Bless,
Leesa

Curtis and Jane said...

Leesa-That's great. Me, too-I mean about fires ignited. We should chat over email or some weekend on the phone.

What's your email? I'm at janerebecca@hotmail.com

:)