Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summertime

Finally an update! We are getting closer and closer to greeting our baby...I'd sure love it if it was today, but realistically it could be another 4 weeks...our due date is September 3rd and they shouldn't let me go more than 2 weeks late. We are ready and trying to enjoy the season of just being the 2 of us while it lasts! I'm feeling pretty good. Definitely more and more uncomfortable and less capable of normal activity and can't WAIT to fit into jeans again one day, but really am thankful that this has been such a low risk pregnancy.

It's been a great summer. Curtis is continuing to thrive in his work and truly enjoy being a youth pastor. We've seen tremendous growth this summer in the size of our youth group and it has been a lot of fun for him to get to know many new students and see students from our Young Life connection begin to connect to a local body. So exciting!

I've mainly been busy getting ready for baby and taking naps when I can. :)

Here are a few pics to showcase a couple of fun events this summer (when we actually had our camera with us!).


At the baby shower that my mother and sister in law threw for us. It was so fun to get some friends and family together to celebrate! Thanks Carolynn and Erin!


Curtis and I went on vacation down to Indio, CA for a whole week. We stayed at a WorldMark Resort. It was so very good to get away just the 2 of us. We did a whole lot of nothing. Here is Curtis doing work in the kitchen-he was a star this week and served prego me quite well. :)


We played speed Scrabble...


We went swimming (it was between 108 and 112 degrees).


We floated in the lazy river (I did that a LOT...me and my novel)


We ate and read out on our back patio (we read "The Shack" together out loud and highly recommend it)...


I beat Curtis at ping pong (we won't mention that he beat me 3 times before I beat him once...but pretty good at 9 months pregnant, don't you think? I have skills.)

It was lovely.

Finally, here are a couple of pics of the baby's room. Thanks to all of you lovely Oregonians who feed my creativity with many fun decorating ideas to copy. :)


Rebekah Jane Lillie


I've since adjusted the height of the fun green scrolly thing, and it has pictures of family tied to it with ribbon for her viewing pleasure during diaper changing time. :)


So many people have graciously given us beautiful gifts...she's going to be one well dressed baby! :)

I guess that's it for now!

7 comments:

Cheryl Licht said...

Hi Jane (it's Cheryl, Andrea's cousin). Just thought I'd browse your blog and see how it was going. And I must say, having just had a baby 6 weeks ago --- you look really good for being 8 1/2 months pregnant! I hope she comes early to on time for your sake! The last bit just isn't fun. I'm excited for you! It's so much fun being a mom.
~Cheryl

Kristi said...

Hey Jane! I'm glad for an update, I'd almost stopped checking...:)I am so happy for you and excited to see new baby Lillie! You look beautiful! Good luck in everything to come!

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear the update and see how beautiful you are. Are you sure you are already 9 months prego??!!! You look absolutely amazing! So beautiful. I can't wait to meet her, we'll be out in November. My boys are going to be so excited, they want a baby girl and the love to see new baby girls=D

Take care, keep cool and enjoy the excitement!
Leesa

Bec said...

Well good lord, its about time! I practically disowned you guys for being the WORST bloggers in the world. But you redeemed yourselves by having a)having a baby girl and b)naming her my name. Good work! Love you both and can't wait for the little love bug to get here. Hurry up already...!!

Megan said...

Jane!! I'm so sorry I won't be there. I really wish I could be. I am going to miss you guys so much. I'm really hoping you're enjoying the experience of being pregnant! I've heard it's wonderful lol. Soon you'll be a wonderful mother and I will be an aunt and I am SOOO excited for you (and me =) ) Keep me filled in. Love you!

ang said...

I'm so glad I keep checking! Hope you're getting a little bit of sleep. I promise...soon you'll hardly remember what it was like when she wasn't here in your arms! I can't wait to introduce her to her "humungo" (Ty's fave word right now) cousins. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

thanks, nice post.