Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What's up with us

Sorry I'm not real good at posting pictures/comments in an orderly fashion....I do want to give a quick update as to what we're up to...

I started a new school year at Granada (my 6th year teaching!) and am really enjoying it so far. It's amazing how busy it gets-all you teachers out there know what I mean when I say that you are never done...I imagine we're not the only job that feels that way. :) I do have great students and teach in a wonderful school. I'm really enjoying some of the friendships I'm making with teachers near me.

Curtis is still loving doing full time youth ministry. We have a great group of teens. Our junior high students just returned from a weekend missions trip to San Francisco. It was such an amazing time for them. Curtis was so impressed with the hearts of these kids!

Curtis and I have recently become quite hooked on "The Office". We don't get tv at home, but in the last 2+ weeks have managed to watch every single episode done so far by renting, borrowing, and watching the seasons on line. We now spend much of our together time quoting the Office. My personal favorite character is Dwight....I mean, seriously. My favorite prank I think is when Jim and Pam put his stuff in the vending machine and then Pam bought his pencil cup....and of course, the office romance is the best! If you don't watch the show, you really should...but it's definately not kid humor, so put those kids to bed first!!

Anyhow, I'll let y'all go....but we are doing great down here in Livermore!

5 comments:

Bec said...

You're welcome. I'm extremely mortified that you didn't give me credit for The Office addiction. Beware...Next time you visit you never know what I'll put in jello!!

Curtis and Jane said...

Sorry Bec. Jane doesn't like to share credit, but I have been telling everyone that it was your obsession with the Office that drove us to our new-found love.

Bec said...

Thanks Curt! I can always count on you. :)
Ps. What's this I hear about you and Dwight sharing almost the same name...?? Probably the coolest thing ever!

ang said...

Auntie Jane and Uncle Curtie,

ob5b =-0 ;pnoo5 nm-0= -0= 5mn= m,0 =km56[ mn6yo0 [0-76mn76mj0kn u6moy y6-k,=n6mj,=0-76j]=,-m78=-k8j7um0-7=78 87-=m,u7y-0 9u

(Translation: "I just bought a new hot wheels at Fred Meyer. It's a Jeep Wrangler. It's orange.)

Love, Jake

Thanks for sharing some of your life down there. And Becca's nose, that was moving. Love you guys! Can't wait to see you around the holidays. (Hopefully no translation needed, Love Ang.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jane!!!

Hello from Ottawa:-)

We absolutely love The Office too. We have watched all the seasons on DVD and now eagerly await each Thursday night for the new shows. I cry, it's so funny. And I love the Jim-Pam relationship. I'm so glad they are having them date out in the open...it's so romantic. Funny/romantic/quirky, and with Ryan now the evil guy, dramatic! What more can you ask?

Take care,
Stephanie :-)