Sunday, July 1, 2007

Jericho!

Jane and I watch very little TV. Most people know that about us. Ever since we got married, we have only had a DVD player...no cable, no antenna, nothing. On a weekend getaway we accidentally got hooked on CSI, and have enjoyed renting season after season (of any version of the show) and supplementing our movie watching with a little TV on DVD.

Well, for those of you who don't know...there are a good number of TV shows that are available on their host network's website. This first discovery led me to an even greater one just a few weeks ago. That hidden treasure is the show Jericho; a show that started out strong, but after a winter break saw a drop in viewership. CBS decided to cancel it, and the rest is history...Jericho became the first canceled show to ever receive the kind of viewer response that would soon follow.

Anyway, the response was so great that CBS decided to create new episodes, as long as it could regain some of its early excitement. For that reason, I have decided to let all who read this BLOG in on the secret known as Jericho. Currently all of the episodes are available to watch at cbs.com, and starting Friday, July 6th at 9pm, CBS is re-airing much of the first season. Check it out, let me know what you think. I found it interesting, intriguing, thought-provoking, and relevant.

"See why people are NUTS for Jericho. Don't miss the pilot episode when the small, peaceful town in Kansas is thrown into a state of chaos when a series of nuclear bombs goes off around the United States." - from CBS website.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I moved last year I went without TV for about 7 months. I went through DVDs like crazy.

I'm glad to hear about another Jericho fan. I hate that I missed this show when it first started.

Bec said...

Oh Curti...Every time I hear about Jericho it will take me back to Multnomah Falls where Jane needed a "break" every 12 steps. What a great day! :) And I'll try to check it out and let you know what I think!