Saturday, November 26, 2011

Setting up the Christmas tree

We got a fake tree this year for free from some friends who were moving.  I feel like a BIT of a Scrooge not getting a real one, but can I say just how incredibly convienent it was this year??  Oh my word.  Especially being that it takes a major effort for me to traverse Target these days with my big, sore pregnant body. :) 

Bekah was so excited to help and was a great little helper.  She is currently playing with our nativity set (thanks, Pops and Mimi!) and just narrating away as she does.  Seriously never stops talking.  The words I keep saying today are, "Be gentle".  Thankfully the nativity is non-breakable.  We'll see about that!

We enjoyed Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph while we decorated (thanks, Mips and Mimi!).  I love those old Christmas movies.  This will be our first Christmas fully at home in a long time, and I'm looking forward to enjoying our decorations. 

Update on baby:  everything is looking good at 31 weeks.  My placenta previa has completely cleared up, her heartrate was 140 this week, and she is active, but I don't think quite as active as Bekah was.  I feel pretty good overall.  I'm pretty sore and slow and have been getting weird migraines, but nothing too painful.  Bekah has been a good sport and often says, "We can do x when the baby comes out?" and has a good attitutde about having a mother that just can't do much these days. 

Curtis is a big help....and if we could just name this poor child, we'd be set! 

We enjoyed a visit from Curtis' sister Erin this week. It was so good to be together!  At one point, Bekah was holding her hand and said, "Auntie Erin, I like you." Melt my heart. 

We had a really fun Thanksgiving dinner with some good seminary friends here and it was a low-key day overall.  And it's not too cold here yet! I wonder if we'll have a white Christmas? 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww I can't wait for the new baby to come! I'm still thinking you should name her MEAGAN. Infact, MEAGAN L. LILLIE sounds quite nice to me.

I remember all of those aches and pains of the end of pregnancy... so uncomfortable! But I'm so glad you are getting closer!

Love you!

Meagan