Tuesday, February 8, 2011

first trip to the zoo

I got a bit overzealous and took  Bekah to the zoo (with my early bday present of a membership!).  It was 2 degrees outside.  It's a cool zoo.  I think it'll be WAY cooler when it's not 2 degrees. We mostly stuck to the indoor exhibits, but even still Rebekah was in tears when we left because she was so cold.  She didn't want her gloves on, which I do not understand.  Unfortunately, our heater at home is working sporadically.  A guy is coming in a couple of hours to fix it, but it is FREEZING.  Bekah has spent the afternoon under a blanket with a heated rice pillow watching Dora. 

Here's Nikita the polar bear.  We got up close and personal. 

I got her a hot chocolate when we got there to keep her warm. 

There is a very smelly, very large hog behind Bekah. 

No comments: